Friday 3 May 2013

Mother India has a Parliament

                 Mother India’s Parliament (with apologies to Old Macdonald…)



Mother India has a silent Parliament
E-I-E-I-O,
Her Parliament  has 540 members
E-I-E-I-O,
With a noise  here,
And a noise there,
Here a noise , there a noise
Everywhere a noise - noise
 Mother India has a silent parliament ,
 E-I-E-I-O.

Mother India has a silent parliament ,
 E-I-E-I-O.
Her parliament  has 39 parties
 E-I-E-I-O,
With a grunt  here,
And a grunt there,
Here a grunt, there a grunt,
Everywhere a grunt- grunt.
Mother India has a deafening Parliament
E-I-E-I-O.

Mother India has a silent parliament,
E-I-E-I-O,
Her parliament  has 2 houses
E-I-E-I-O,
With a quack-quack here,
And a quack-quack there,
Here a quack, there a quack,
Everywhere a quack-quack.
Mother India has a rumbustious parliament ,
E-I-E-I-O.

Mother India has a silent parliament ,
E-I-E-I-O,
Her parliament has two coalitions ,
E-I-E-I-O
One of the ruling party
The other of the opposition
Both with a neigh-neigh here,
And a neigh-neigh there,
Here a neigh, there a neigh,
Everywhere a neigh-neigh
Mother India has a paralyzed parliament,
E-I-E-I-O.

Mother India has a silent parliament,
E-I-E-I-O,
Her parliament  has shouting brigades
E-I-E-I-O,
With a hee-haw here,
And a hee-haw there,
Here a hee, there a hee,
Everywhere a hee-haw.
Mother India has a parliament
.Mother India has a quiescent Parliament
E-I-E-I-O.

Mother India has a silent parliament
E-I-E-I-O,

Her parliament is filled with opposition screams ,
E-I-E-I-O,
With a scam here,
And a scam there,
Here a scam, there a scam,
Everywhere a scam-scam.
Mother India has a scam-ful Parliament
E-I-E-I-O.

Mother India has a silent parliament
E-I-E-I-O
That hardly transacts any issue
E-I-E-I-O
With all important Bills for people’s welfare
Unheard,undiscussed, undebated and stalled,
Here a ruckus, there a ruckus
Everywhere a ruckus-ruckus
Mother India has an adjourning Parliament
E-I-E-I-O
 Mother India has a silent Parliament
E-I-E-I-O
That has a five year tenure
It gleefully passes ten bills at most
The Finance Bills and the Railway Bills year after year
Mother India has a silent Parliament
That has its own  the credo-All pay and No work 
Mother India has a comatose parliament
E-I-E-I-O

No comments:

Post a Comment