Wednesday 27 January 2016

Ode to ODD and Even



Ode to Odd and Even

I have two two little cars
One branded Spark
The other branded Alto
One is Odd
The other is Even

Odd or Even day
Thanks to Kejriwal(l)
My wife and I are up the wall
To settle
Who goes public
Who goes private

My left neighbour has a Nano
It is small and Odd
Thanks to Kejriwal(l)
The man and woman are up the wall
Odd or Even days
The car is mine, she says
The man feels discriminated
And sulks at the gender divide

My right neighbor and his spouse
                                                              Have no car
Thanks to Kejriwal(l)
They are also up the wall
              Not at each other,
But at the carwallahs
Who seek a pie of the metro ride
 Bursting at the seams

Lo! Hush we go; we hear
Our two cars gently spar
Let us go, says Alto
No, it isn’t your day, says Spark
Why don’t you go, asks Alto
Neither can I, laments Spark
I can’t go, I can’t spark
Those two have all the time to quarrel,
But no time to fill my fuel.

Alto, Nano or Spark
Audi, Punto or Skoda
Brio, Benz or Beat
They enjoy off days
Odd in and Even out
Even in and Odd out

We grow jealous, We grow jealous
They have their Kejriwal(l) days
We have none,we have none
Big Boss or Small boss
Employer or employee
Walk or cycle, ride or run
Hire a cab or go on metro
Must be at our workplace
Odd or Even makes no difference.

Kejriwal(l), Kejriwal(l)
Mere Chain-vain Sab UjaRaa
(My Peace Of Mind Has Been Destroyed;)
Barbaad Ho Rahe Hai.n Jii Tere Apne Shaharvaale
(Your Own Townspeople Are Being Destroyed)
     Kejriwal(l), Kejriwal(l)















.









No comments:

Post a Comment